Sunday, February 3, 2008

San Fran

MLK weekend in San Francisco, California. A project originally intended to capture the people and culture of this great place by the bay, but was redirected as the beauty of the city itself caught my eye. Good city shots were taken and beautiful memories were made. An amazing weekend.



Blue skies by the Bay. Moon shot taken from Ghiradelli Square.


Evening San Fran Shot from the top of Lombard Street, America's crookedest street, overlooking the city, Coit Tower, and the Bay bridge.



Evening traffic at the top of Lombard Street looking towards Golden Gate Park.



Bay Bridge at night from the 12th floor of the Hyatt Hotel, at a yoga convention. Tight cheetah print yoga pants and men in tank tops.
Gotta love San Francisco.

5 comments:

Shaina said...

Beautiful lighting in all of them! I am very inspired by these photos, especially the evening shot from the top of Lombard Street. From the trees to the houses to the city, it is an amazing shot. Thanks for sharing these! I've never been to San Francisco and now I really want to go :)

shane edward said...

These photos are awesome. I especially like the two bottom ones. The blurred traffic and bright headlights really make the Lombard Street picture look exciting. I also am fascinated by the shot you took from the Hyatt. The lighting is amazing and the composition of the photo is appealing to the eye. Great job on those.

Abe said...

All of these are great. I would love the first one more if the corners were darkened a little. I think that you do a wonderful job of capturing night shots. The long exposure is a good look for you. Nice pants.

Margi Marie said...

Note to viewers: Abe has punk pants, because I rocked the vignetting on the first photo and he vetoed it, and then he tries to use it as his suggestion for the photo. Not cool.

Anita Opazo said...

You are a photojournalist. These images would do well on a cover of a magazine or book on a city. (Something to think about in the future as they would make great coffee table books!)

I really enjoy the way you saturate and play with colors. Bravo.

I know this will dissapoint you, but I don't really have any suggestion for improvement. I will let you know when I do!:)

I hope you'll work through your images of Spain more so that you can expose other students to the experience you had there...I find it's always a good thing when we can educate and invite people to new places and people through images!