Friday, January 25, 2008

España

This project includes some of my favorite photos from life in Spain. I was trying to capture the fiesta culture of this country. These are just some extraordinary shots of ordinary life.


This photo captures a typical Spanish dinner, around 10:30 pm in the streets of Madrid.


Walking through the streets one day I snapped this photo of these beautiful Spaniards. Very typical "pijos" or preppys.


One of the few days it rained in Sevilla during my time there I saw a lone orange sitting on a ledge. I was late for class, yet couldn't help but stop and try to capture the water droplets.


Typical Spanish flamenco dance and guitar mixed with some theatre at a museum.


Bullfight. A dance between man and beast.

3 comments:

Wars And The Rumors of Wars said...

My favorite by far is the bull fight...very nice use of space in the picture you get this "awe" effect....very sweet!

I also like the orange with the rain on it very cool texture and placement in the picture

Mary Saunders said...

I love the first two pictures. The colors are so vivid and I love how they're candid. They feel so real.

I also love the lines from the lights stretching across the last photo.

Good work. I want to go to Spain now!

shane edward said...

I absolutely love your photographs from your travels. My favorite of the set is the second one where you captured the "pijos" on the street. The composition is wonderful and the colors are so vivid.

The bull fighting photo is also amazing. It makes me want to experience something like that.

P.S. I'm sorry I can't come up with better names for my photo posts... :)